Feb 28, 2019.
Version 19.02 is now available for DOWNLOAD!
The main announcement for this release is a major update to an important library
that Shotcut uses for the UI (user interface) called Qt.
There have 6 major releases and two LTS (long term support) releases since the
version we were using. The new version we are using is Qt 5.9.7, which is
LTS (5.9) and is quite stable given the number of revisions (.7). It is a little
faster as well. We did not upgrade to the latest LTS (5.12) in order to retain
compatibility with macOS 10.10 and 10.11, and we want to use the same Qt version
across platforms. (Linux Flatpak is an exception.) With our new Qt builds, we
added support for HTTPS, which extends to our HTML effects based on WebVfx
and QtWebKit. This will let custom HTML titles and effects that you make link
- Added Offset to the Timer video filter.
- Added Vertical HD 30 fps and Vertical HD 60 fps video modes.
- Added support for HTTPS.
command line options.
- Added English (Great Britain) translation.
- Fixed opening image sequence on Windows with extended/special characters in
- Fixed crash on some video clips, particularly those with Google Pixel 3 and
- Fixed field order with interlaced export.
- Fixed an image artifact when using keyframes with the Mask: Simple Shape
- Fixed image and alpha channel integrity with transitions on clips with a
non-opaque alpha channel.
- Fixed a crash when changing clip Properties > Audio > Track.
- Fixed Properties > Video > Color Range inaccurate after changing it.
- Fixed Shake One Second presets in regions that use comma for decimal point.
- Fixed moving a Playlist item to the end.
- Fixed more dialogs to be modal to prevent them from going behind the main window.
- Fixed Overlay HTML webvfx templates when using a project folder.
- Fixed volume slider appears before main window at launch on macOS.
- Fixed more dialogs to use sheet style on macOS.
- Fixed a few small memory leaks in MLT.
Changes and Improvements
- Upgraded Qt to version 5.9.7.
- Changed Width and Height minimum to 0 for Blur filter.
- Set the Save as type list on all file save dialogs (convert, reverse,
text, EDL, image).
- Improved the quality of Export Frame > WebP.
- Show “Not Seekable” instead of “Live” when opening a non-seeable clip (or
device or stream).
- Show a status message when trying to drag from Project player.
- Prefer loading DLLs in Shotcut’s install folder over those in System32.
- Default the out point of the Color, Count, and Text generator
clips to the same as image duration (default 4 seconds).