New Release 17.04
Apr 2, 2017
Version 17.04 is now available for DOWNLOAD.
- Fix crashing on launch on the new macOS 10.12.4.
- Added Japanese translation.
- Added Turkish translation.
New Release 17.03
Mar 2, 2017
Version 17.03 is now available for DOWNLOAD.
- Converted the track toggle buttons to icons.
- Now, you can press Del or Backspace to delete a selected item in the Recent panel.
- Playback now pauses at the out point in the Source player.
(After pause, you can press play again to continue beyond the out point.)
- Some stability improvements.
- Performance boost for Size & Position and Rotate filters on multi-CPU systems.
Video Tutorial: Record a Voice Over
Feb 19, 2017
There is a new video tutorial about how to record a voice over from the
microphone using the latest version 17.02 of Shotcut.
Regressions, We've Had a Few
Feb 1, 2017
Lately, we have been focused primarily on bug fixes, and sometimes a bug fix
introduces a new, often times worse bug, which is called a regression. Due to
major regressions in v17.01 all users are strongly encouraged to
UPGRADE TO VERSION 17.02.
- Fixed drag-n-drop from other than C: drive on Windows.
- Fixed ‘/’ getting added to front of file paths on Windows.
- Fixed the MLT XML repair tool not correctly handling decimal point in some
- Fixed opening a network stream.
- Improved support for image sequences.
- Improved device capture.
- Added Slovenian translation.
All device capture now occurs in the background. This makes it possible to record
voice overs while playing the project. I plan to make a video to show how to do
New Release 17.01
Jan 2, 2017
Version 17.01 is now available for DOWNLOAD.
This version is just bug fixes plus a Chinese translation for Taiwan was added.