Mar 30, 2022.
Version 22.03.30 is now available for DOWNLOAD!
Notes and Voiceover
Use the new Notes panel to keep notes about your project or hold text to read for a voiceover that you can record
directly to the timeline with the new Record Audio button on the timeline toolbar!
= a Notes panel in the View menu and main toolbar
- keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+3 (shift+command+3 on macOS).
= a Record Audio button on the Timeline toolbar:
- It chooses an audio device based on either first found or last used in Audio/Video Device.
- It uses the current track if it is audio and not empty at the playhead and beyond.
Otherwise, it adds an audio track.
- It does not prompt for a save file name when a project folder has been established.
- Stop recording by clicking the button again.
More New Stuff
- Added track reordering by drag-n-drop a track header and the Timeline menu:
- Move Track Up: Alt+Shift+Up (shift+option+up on macOS)
- Move Track Down: Alt+shift+Down (shift+option+down on macOS)
- Added Export > Advanced > Video > Color range.
- Added Convert to Edit-friendly when opening a HDV video file.
- Added audio filter Stereo Enhancer.
- Added tooltips to Timeline clips.
- Added Markers > menu > Add Markers Around Selected Clips with keyboard shortcut Alt+M (option+M on macOS).
- Added an option to the Windows installer to register the
.mlt filename extension to open with Shotcut.
melt command line tool to no longer be locale-sensitive by default.
- Changed Q in Equalizer: Parametric to Bandwidth in octaves.
- Changed background capture jobs to use a high process priority.
- Changed Paste Filters to not paste a clip-only filter onto a track.
- Changed Paste Filters to not paste a filter that can only be added once.
- Removed Timeline > Copy Timeline to Source (use Markers instead).
- Restored the Use Higher Performance Waveforms option in the Timeline menu.
- Stop showing the Convert to Edit-Friendly dialog when opening a HLG HDR video.
- Upgraded libraries:
- FFmpeg 5.0
- MLT 7.6.0
- frei0r 1.8.0
- Rubberband 2.0.2
- VMAF 2.3.0
- Qt 5.15.2 for Intel macOS - macOS 10.14 is now the minimum macOS version.
- Improved A/V synchronization in Properties > Reverse.
- Improved webcam/video-device capture on macOS.
- Improved the accuracy of View > Scopes > Audio Peak Meter.
- Improved speed of Old Film: Projector video filter.
- Added multi-threading (to improved speed) of some video filters:
- Blur: Box
- Blur: Gaussian
- Color Grading
- Invert Colors
- Mask: From File
- Old Film: Grain
- Old Film: Scratches
- Old Film: Technocolor
- Spot Remover
- Added multi-threading for all implicit video scaling including Settings > Preview Scaling.
- Fixed Properties > Audio > Sync not showing change after reloading properties (broke in v22.01).
- Fixed Position and Size in Crop: Rectangle video filter may become read-only (broke in v22.01).
- Fixed changing Properties > Speed may overwrite and does not honor Ripple mode.
- Fixed converting full color range 10-bit video to limited MPEG range.
- Fixed very choppy playback with certain weird or unreduced-fraction framerates.
- Fixed Video Mode > Automatic when using a webcam/video-device input.
- Fixed Gradient video filter when a color alpha value is not fully opaque.
- Fixed marker duration may change when dragging to change its starting time.
- Fixed Size, Position & Rotate > Zoom may change when changing the player zoom level.
- Fixed accidentally changing an unmodified clip-only project by opening a new media file.
- Fixed a transition may show “INVALID” after you undo removing it.
- Fixed Presets for the Equalizer: 3-Band audio filter not working.
- Fixed Blur: Box filter creates darker edges.
- Fixed Reduce Noise: Quantization video filter overwrites alpha chnanel.